Training Duration: 3-4 hours
In the folder you will see the following items numbered 2-7:
2. Pre-Test (~10 minutes): We want to know what you don’t know. Please do not use any resources other than your brain to answer these questions. Once you submit, you may wish to make note of questions that you answered incorrectly so that you can answer them correctly on the post test.
3. PowerPoint Show (~45 minutes): Exploring the Kissimmee Okeechobee Everglades Watershed - This is a PowerPoint Show with audio. It must be downloaded from Google and then viewed as a PowerPoint Show. Once downloaded, you should be able to click on the file and the show will load automatically. There are two embedded videos within the PowerPoint. Detailed directions for downloading are provided.
4. Reflective Readings (~2 hours): These readings are provided as a PDF. You may read them online or they are likely available in your library.
- River of Grass by Marjory Stoneman Douglas – Chapter 1 – The Nature of the Everglades
- Mirage by Cynthia Barnett – Chapter 1 – History and Myth
5. Module Discussion (~15-30 minutes): See directions in the 5-Module Discussion document.
6. Post-Test (~10 minutes): If you took good notes, you should be able to get all of the questions correct!
7. Contact Us!: Let us know you have completed Module 1 by emailing us -